By Bob Croce, EOP Publisher
After just over three months of wintertime campaigning the five party-affiliated candidates in the special election for State Representative in the 12th Essex District, will leave it up to the voters in Tuesday’s two primary run offs.
Call it the Battle of Groundhog Day!
Today, as a public service I’ve put this post here for you to comment on the race. Who will you vote for and why? And, if you want, please feel free to make a final pitch for your chosen candidate. All I ask is that you keep the conversation focused on candidate qualifications and key issues, and not lob any personal attacks.
Please go out and vote!
But first, here are the vitals:
- 12th Essex District primaries, Tuesday, Feb. 2, 2016
- Polls are open 7 a.m.-8 p.m.
- You are eligible to vote in this election if you live in Peabody, Wards 1-4 and Ward 5-Precincts 1 and 3
- If you are enrolled as a Democrat or Republican, you must choose your party’s ballot
- If you are unenrolled in a party, you may choose either ballot
- The winners on Tuesday will go onto the March 1st final election ballot, along with unenrolled candidate Chris Gallagher