Make a final pitch for your Peabody State Rep Special Election candidate

30 Jan

voteAfter just over three months of wintertime campaigning the five party-affiliated candidates in the special election for State Representative in the 12th Essex District, will leave it up to the voters in Tuesday’s two primary run offs.

Call it the Battle of Groundhog Day!

Today, as a public service I’ve put this post here for you to comment on the race. Who will you vote for and why? And, if you want, please feel free to make a final pitch for your chosen candidate. All I ask is that you keep the conversation focused on candidate qualifications and key issues, and not lob any personal attacks.

Please go out and vote!

But first, here are the vitals:

• 12th Essex District primaries, Tuesday, Feb. 2, 2016
  • Polls are open 7 a.m.-8 p.m.
  • You are eligible to vote in this election if you live in Peabody, Wards 1-4 and Ward 5-Precincts 1 and 3
  • If you are enrolled as a Democrat or Republican, you must choose your party’s ballot
  • If you are unenrolled in a party, you may choose either ballot
  • The winners on Tuesday will go onto the March 1st final election ballot, along with unenrolled candidate Chris Gallagher

Tuesday’s contestants!

DEMOCRATS

Moutsoulos

James Moutsoulas

walsh

Tom Walsh

welton

Craig Welton

REPUBLICANS

corriveau

Jaclyn Corriveau

Peach

Stephanie Peach

17 Responses to “Make a final pitch for your Peabody State Rep Special Election candidate”

1. Just Saying January 30, 2016 at 2:05 pm #

Get out and VOTE Peabody! Hopefully we have learned from the mistakes of our past. The one party control in state government is not best for the tax paying general public.

2. Bill N. January 30, 2016 at 9:25 pm #

If anyone actually listened to what the candidates are saying it should be a landslide for Peach in the Republican primary. Ms. Corriveau didn’t seem to have an original thought of her own when she was on with the other candidates. As far of the democrats go, I think Walsh wins, but watch out for Welton, if he loses I don’t think this is the last time we hear his name in this city come Election Day.

3. SG January 30, 2016 at 11:28 pm #

Corriveau is the most unqualified candidate I’ve ever seen in my life. I watched all the debates. She is clueless. Are you kidding me?

4. Red-blooded and proud January 30, 2016 at 11:46 pm #

If you are a Republican and you vote for Corriveau you are being duped. She is not a Republican. She was a huge Hillary Clinton supporter less than a year ago. She has changed her party because this was the only way she could get on the final ballot. Beware of this Trojan Horse. Not only that but she is just not qualified.

5. anon January 31, 2016 at 10:14 am #

Peabody has its own Gil Fulbright!

Pick one.

6. Greg Bunn January 31, 2016 at 6:30 pm #

I ran as a Republican against Leah Cole and since then I’ve watched her work up on Beacon Hill very closely.

When Stephanie Peach came on as Cole’s aide I was really impressed. Peach is sharp. She’s worlds more mature and knowledgeable than her oppenent. I’ve seen her resolve issues time and time again.

Trust me, if anyone had reason to be hyper critical of Cole it was me, but anyone who looks at this race objectively and truly wants qualified people representing our city will see Peach is the best choice.

7. Mike Scarlata February 1, 2016 at 8:03 am #

I am not going to make negative comments about another candidate. What I will tell you is why I am supporting Jaclyn Corriveau. Jaclyn has a passion for City of Peabody. She is an amazing leader who has the ability to work with people on both sides of the aisle. She is aware of the issues and has listened to the citizens of our great city. She’s been very involved with numerous committees throughout the city. Farmers Market and Haven for Hunger to name a few. She is extremely qualified. She’s not a quitter and will represent Peabody with the highest regard. Please join me in electing this energetic and vibrant leader Jaclyn Corriveau

• Steve T February 1, 2016 at 8:28 am #

Well I do not know what kind of a leader Corriveau is but I do not believe that she is really a Republican. That is why I will vote for Peach.

• Drew Beale February 1, 2016 at 8:42 am #

One of my favorite aspects about Jaclyn Corriveau as a candidate is how much time she has set aside to talk to her future constituents. If you “don’t know” or “don’t believe” I’m sure you’ll easily be able to find out the true story by contacting her instead of believing an unfounded attack that was released without context a couple weeks ago.

• Bill N. February 1, 2016 at 12:32 pm #

That’s the first story that appears when you type in Google “Jaclyn Corriveau Hillary Clinton”

The context is all right there.

To me it seems like Corriiveau (in 2014!) supports a post-Benghazi Hillary Clinton who turned her back on Americans.

But if you have a different context I suggest you file a complaint with Boston Magazine, because this guy doesn’t vote for frauds.

8. Anonymous February 1, 2016 at 10:24 am #

vote for demo

9. anon February 1, 2016 at 12:05 pm #

This campaign reminds me of the “Young and the Restless” vs. “The Old and the Influenced”
    My memory is last time Tom Walsh was State Rep. (1987-1994) and he kept his City Council seat.
    Will history repeat itself? His campaign slogan could be: “Doubling down with Tom.”
    Does anyone know how the city and state benefits work? Part-time City Councilors already get full time pensions and life-time health insurance.

But remember this is for the Peabody residents.

10. Just Asking February 1, 2016 at 6:23 pm #

Question: How many of you out there buy re-trends, especially when the first run cost you with a lost of integrity and credibility?

11. Anonymous February 1, 2016 at 11:10 pm #

Election Day has arrived. Jaclyn Corriveau is the Best Candidate to represent Peabody. She has met thousands of Peabody residents in the last 6 month. She knows the issues and concerns and is ready to represent Peabody on day one. She has the experience. Vote Jaclyn Corriveau !!!!!!

12. Just Saying February 2, 2016 at 9:30 am #

Get out and VOTE !!!

13. nickychin February 2, 2016 at 5:38 pm #

So Tom walsh will get the opportunity to double dip for his pension. Regardless of the severity of his discretion as state rep,he violated ethics rules therefore violating the public trust.To send him back would be akin to letting Willie Sutton be a bank guard.You get what you deserve Peabody.

• Anon February 2, 2016 at 8:01 pm #

Welcome to Peabody. We keep voting them IN. They are all nice guys. And will do you a favor (for a cost).