Turco tops primary for Ward 1 Councilor; Barrett second

29 Sep

turcoJust a quick post tonight to let everyone know that Jon Turco beat Brian Barrett by 26 votes today to top the ticket in the primary for Ward 1 Peabody City Councilor.

Ann Quinn placed third.

Turco and Barrett will now square off in the final election on Nov. 3rd for the seat left vacant by Barry Osborne.

9 Responses to “Turco tops primary for Ward 1 Councilor; Barrett second”

1. Anonymous September 30, 2015 at 10:32 am #

wheres your post on the school committee meeting last night. I haven’t seen anything like it in a long time. I am very surprised they didn’t have an officer present to remove the hostile parents screaming out. The head to head fight with hochman and charest and hochman and Dunn were fantastic…This a is a committee that is the best? BTW Herb brought in another buddy yet again and then attempted to mislead the committee with the overlap. He said there was only an overlap in Dec and tried to not mention another one in the summer…This guy is amazing. I wish I was his friend too so I could get these intermittent positions…This guy is large and in charge now and we are all going to be left with the damage when the full timers are here. You are telling me that they couldn’t have posted Dave’s job immediately? They could have hired someone in a couple of months vs this temp yet again!!!!

• Bob Croce September 30, 2015 at 10:49 am #

I didn’t see the meeting, and since I only do this blog as a hobby, I can’t cover everything. If I can get more details, we might be able to discuss on the “You Make The Call” Show tonight.

• Anon September 30, 2015 at 10:50 am #

Embarrassing is the only way to describe last night’s SC meeting… btw kudos to Ms. Quinn for pulling papers and grabbing 83 votes… how much did that primary cost the city?

• Bob Croce September 30, 2015 at 10:54 am #

Sorry, but I have to disagree on your comment about Ann Quinn running. She had a right to run, and I’m sure she expected to get more votes than she did. What are you proposing? That we only let perceived “competitive” candidates run for office?

• NASBC September 30, 2015 at 11:54 am #

The meeting last night was a hot mess! Everyone on that committee should be embarrassed to have been a part of that! The personal agendas and fights back and forth were shocking to me. The citizens of Peabody should be in an up roar over Herb Levine and all that he is allowed to do/influence. When the mayor spoke and told us he was “tired” and they were all “tired” I wanted to throw up. If you can’t handle the position, then step down. I do not want to hear this from anyone that is running this city. You chose to run, you were elected and it’s your job to serve the city and it’s people. Oh, and don’t tell me you aren’t doing the job for the health care and salary. Anyone that actually feels the need to say that makes me stop and say hmmmm. Really?
      While I hope the upcoming election changes things, I am unfortunately skeptical.

• GE2nd September 30, 2015 at 5:02 pm #

That meeting was a complete embarrassment.

Levine has them all fooled… he is playing the Mayor like a little boy.
      He lies, and tells a few jokes to the rest of the committee. They are too ignorant to understand. Plus, a 100 dollar campaign goes a long way.

Where is the city council ? They should be policing this circus.
      When is someone going to have the courage to stand up and shut these clowns down…. Gravel? Walsh? Manning? where are you?

Time to put the house up for sale!!!

2. Anon September 30, 2015 at 1:15 pm #

How much money is being spent on the presidential races. Maybe the Salem News could make a few bucks IF they wrote some stories about the various local campaigns (and not the press releases, we all read through). Maybe some people would read their paper and MAYBE some businesses would then advertise in the paper. Circulation pays for the paper. Wrapping the day old fish should NOT be the reason for the newspaper. Remember when Friday was fish day. Maybe the only good day to buy the paper.

Wouldn’t it be Lovely for the good old days of real news reporting.

• Lol September 30, 2015 at 8:23 pm #

If Alan Burke can’t put a warped twist on an article he doesn’t write about it. If it wasn’t for facebook I would have had to find the Ward 1 election numbers in the Lynn Item

3. Paulap72479 October 1, 2015 at 7:23 pm #

Just watched the replay of the School Committee meeting.
    What a free for all.

A disgrace with no order or leadership from the Mayor!
    Ed Charest needs anger management classes.

A complete lack of respect!!!