Poll: Who will you vote for tomorrow in primary for Congress in 6th District

8 Sep

If you are planning to vote in tomorrow’s (Sept. 9th) Democratic Primary, please take our poll to let us know your preference. Note: This poll is not scientific, and only a reflection of the opinion of readers of the Eye on Peabody.

Congress

20 Responses to “Poll: Who will you vote for tomorrow in primary for Congress in 6th District”

1. I am voting for Moulton! September 8, 2014 at 11:02 am #

I am really puzzled by the early results of this poll Mr. Croce. I have been following along closely to all of the posts related to the 6th District race and it seems like 99.9% of the comments want Tierney out of office? So how can this poll be so close? Maybe the Tierney roaches aren’t commenting, just reading and voting?

• Bob Croce September 8, 2014 at 11:48 am #

Typically, only a very small percentage of readers make comments. We get thousands of visitors each week, yet only a handful leave a comment. That’s pretty typical of social media sites like this one.

The other thing is that, usually, only people who aren’t happy with a particular thing or politician feel compelled to comment. For example, are you more likely to call a company to praise them for their product, or are you more likely to call when something breaks?

2. Go Seth Go September 8, 2014 at 12:41 pm #

OK. I am a Moulton supporter who wants to ask die-hard Tierney supporters who are Democrats the following question.

Every poll is showing right now that Moulton has a way better chance against Tisei. Considering that why would you want to vote for Tierney who is likely to turn this seat red?

I am looking for an honest answer.

3. Anonymous September 8, 2014 at 2:21 pm #

I am with John Tierney because he is a true Democrat who believes that we need to help everyone who can’t help themselves. He is for the middle class and minorities and everyone. This entire website is the domain of greedy heartless Republican types who want to destroy our planet and make more profit. Mr. Tisei is no doubt your next hero once the fraudulent Mr. Moulton loses big tomorrow. Tisei is backed by extreme, far right elements who are anti women, anti middle class and anti LBGT rights. We need to save this seat for those who need us to help them. Moulton wants to win this seat so he can represent big business and greed. This is why. Anymore questions? God bless John Tiernry. He is honest and earnest and he is FOR US!

• Anonymous September 8, 2014 at 4:58 pm #

So how’s your ride on that gravy train? Buckle in cause once Tierney’s out – your train may derail.

4. I only help myself says....... September 8, 2014 at 4:11 pm #

Wow, I have to admit the comment by anon at 2:21 is the most vile thing I’ve read by a Tierney supporter during this campaign. Since when is helping people in need solely a democratic party value. John Tierney does help people in need. His convicted felon brother in law and his own money laundering family. Helping people in need. Give me a break. When John Tierney pickups a rifle and fights for all the things you hold dearly like Freedom, I’ll consider him. But don’t call a combat veteran of four tours who fought for YOU, a fraud. Moulton fought so the future of this country and our children will be safer. ISIS and hamas and all the other terrorist groups hate this country and will do anything to destroy it. God bless all of our soldiers and lets give Tierney, a real fraud a kick in the pants out the door tomorrow. i’m voting for Moulton

5. Anonymous September 8, 2014 at 4:59 pm #

I know that this is not a scientific poll, but it still says something. So do all of the endorsement Seth is getting. People know right from wrong and they are fed up with Tierney in so many ways that a previously unknown Democrat is making a race of what should have been a very easy primary for the Congressman. I do not know Seth Moulton hardly at all, but what this tells me is that Tierney cannot beat Tisei. I’m a Democrat who will likely vote for Tisei if Moulton loses tomorrow.

6. JB September 8, 2014 at 5:02 pm #

Just so all of these Democrats still loyal to Tierney know I am another Democrat who will definitely be voting for Tisei if Moulton loses tomorrow. Sad but true it will be the first time I EVER voted for a Republican.

• Independant Voter September 8, 2014 at 7:44 pm #

Don’t be sad JB……you’ll have plenty of company. Richard Tisei is worthy of our vote. He should have won last time.

7. Moulton by 5 September 8, 2014 at 5:48 pm #

Two seconds ago just got a robo call from Lizzy Warren asking me to vote for Tierney. Why does this guy have all of the far left lunatics supporting him? This week I also got emails from Barney Frank and Nancy Pelosi. By the way the Warren call cut off right in the middle. Real professional job. John must not have paid his phone bill.

• Independant Voter September 8, 2014 at 7:45 pm #

Just got the same robo call…..once I heard her voice I had a shiver run up my spine.

8. Anonymous September 8, 2014 at 6:51 pm #

Limousine Libs.. Prof Warren who makes 400k a year to teach one class at Harvard who then throws tomahawks at the Wall Street pigs. If we voted her in then Moulton has no shot. And don’t think the machine won’t rise to hold back Tisei as we’ll. I can cant stand that smug bastard Tierney but unfortunately this state is full of a bunch of idiots.

9. the Outfront Guy* September 8, 2014 at 7:07 pm #

OG says…Democrats win…accept this reality…this is why OG is still astounded and impressed with the one and only Leah Cole…she stopped by the old homestead over the weekend and OG is impressed with her…in fact I can’t think of one reason or thing that she has done that does not make her worthy of re-election…what do you all think about Ms Cole since she is a more interesting story to me than Seth Moulton….and that’s how OG sees it

• Sue Brotchie September 8, 2014 at 7:48 pm #

I think Leah Cole is well spoken, always looks professional and cares deeply about our elderly and our checkbooks! I think she wins in November hands down. She has done a great job so far and deserves to be re-elected.

10. Anonymous September 8, 2014 at 8:51 pm #

Sounds like a lot of anti-Warren people here and obviously against Tierney. Warren is a shining light in this political world, -if you are against her then you are against yourselves, or a millionaire.
    Go Warren, go Tierney. And don’t say you would vote for Moulton and not be a Warren supporter because if you do, then you are a republican but haven’t come out of the closet.

11. Robert Dunne September 9, 2014 at 1:26 am #

Well ok folks; it is Primary day in Massachusetts. Please take the time to vote. I did and it took me a heck of lot longer than most due to my location (overseas). Also look at all the other countries in the world. Their process is harder and more dangerous. So please get out and vote for your candidate. I did and you all know who I voted for in the 12th District in the State of Massachusetts primary election. So please, please take the time to vote. Believe it or not every vote counts. It takes less time and is faster than getting a coffee at Dunkin donuts or Starbucks.
    Bob Dunne
    Currently Serving Overseas

12. Anonymous September 9, 2014 at 9:10 am #

Wow. Another robo call from the fake Indian this morning for Tierney. She sounded a little desperate

13. Anonymous September 9, 2014 at 9:56 am #

Congressman Tierney’s votes on all military issues brought before the house have been spot on. One only needs to check the congressionals records of his votes to know for sure that he has backed We the people. While Seth is honorable mn I am sure, at this time I will support John because of his recorded record for our finest.

• That's crazy September 9, 2014 at 10:07 am #

Saying that Tierney would be better than Captain Seth Moulton on veterans and military issues is absurd. One led brave heroes into Fallujah. The other probably protested the Vietnam war while smoking a dubie.

14. Barbara guillette September 9, 2014 at 11:24 am #

I used to really believe in democracy But after speaking with bill binney former NSA computer programmer who developed steller wind and asked him what I asked Noam Chomsky years ago How will we as Americans know when we are in a despotic state and No did not know in 99 , but bill knows, and after what I have been subjected to with directed energy weapons. Key word DIRECTED. I would say we are there also, so any vote I have for anyone is moot, it’s all set up anyway. Look at Bettoncourt he was promised and groomed for the office long before he ran, I knew it and told others at the time. So vote if it means something to you. It is ashes in my mouth to realize that technology destroyed our democracy and our lives.bjg