Best wishes on a fast recovery for Councilor At-Large Anne Manning-Martin

18 Aug

Councilor Anne Manning-Martin

Councilor At-Large Anne Manning-Martin

Over the years, we’ve been friends and foes, agreed on some issues, disagreed on many others. But one thing I will always say or write is that Anne Manning-Martin always votes in the best interests of those residents she serves as a councilor at-large.

So, with that, I just wanted to wish Anne a speedy recovery from major back surgery, and hope that she’s back doing the business of the people of Peabody soon as possible.

After all, let’s face it, there are only two current Peabody City Councilors who are always on the side of the people they represent: Ward 6 Councilor Barry Sinewitz, and Anne.

By the way, the back surgery Manning-Martin underwent, was no minor matter.

“I really wasn’t supposed to walk again. It was kind of a Hail Mary operation,” Manning-Martin told the Salem News this week. “I just consider myself lucky and blessed.”

And Peabody residents will be lucky to have her back in there fighting for them again real soon.

9 Responses to “Best wishes on a fast recovery for Councilor At-Large Anne Manning-Martin”

1. the one and only Outfront Guy * August 18, 2014 at 10:15 pm #

OG says…good for you Ms Manning ! this is one Dark City resident who would never underestimate your determination and willingness to fight the good fight.

2. anonymous August 19, 2014 at 4:38 pm #

Get better soon Anne. The city needs somebody who cares about what goes on in the dark city.

3. John F. August 19, 2014 at 8:57 pm #

Bob, I believe you may have the “imposter” pegged as the real OG! As you are aware, I would know! And as far as Anne Manning Martin’s return goes…I can not wait till she comes back, there are direct TV satelite dishes popping up every where! I know how important of a topic this is to her…

4. the one and only Outfront Guy * August 19, 2014 at 9:35 pm #

the one and only OG* says….I am truly flattered with all this attention but I realize that this type of thing can happen when you are a blog legend much like myself ….so whoever is trying to pass themselves off as the one and only OG then I must say you have given us a good laugh and you have surely put our fearless editor into quite a spin…..your style and content are quite good but surely not original….but the one and only OG* is fine with it all….and it has surely pulled me out of my summer sabbatical just prior to the upcoming election season….so congrats to the Fake OG for waking the sleeping giant of all blogoonomics….the one and only OG!…and that my dear Dark City friends is how this OG sees it.

5. the one and only Outfront Guy * August 19, 2014 at 9:49 pm #

the one and only Outfront Guy says*…..calm down oh fearless editor….I can tell you are all excited to have the Real OG back in the fray on the ever popular Eye on Peabody….don’t let these other OG wannabes get you all in a tizzy… OG has humbly dealt with all this blogging fame for well over a decade now and like a Timex watch he just keeps on ticking and ticking…and that’s how OG sees it.

6. Bob Croce August 19, 2014 at 10:19 pm #

OK, children. Had to delete some silly comments. I usually give some leeway, but it was getting a little too goofy even for my sensibilities. Can we get back to the topics? Much appreciated.

7. the one and only Outfront Guy * August 20, 2014 at 6:49 pm #

the one and only OG says….wow, this is a great photo of Ms Manning! hope she is on the mend…can’t wait to see her at upcoming city council meetings …..it’s good to be back here visiting with the Eye of Peabody once again after my summer sabbatical….as the click approaches Labor Day OG says hats off to Beverly Dunne for getting out there waving at cars and working the signs BEFORE Labor Day to work on her election bid…you don’t see this too often and OG predicts that good results will follow from this early bird effort….and that’s OG sees it

8. Outfront Guy* August 21, 2014 at 7:17 pm #

OG says… Where’s the beef with this imposter? Time to move along and stop pretending to be the magnicifent one. Beverley has about as good a chance to win this race as the beloved Red Sox have to win the World Series this year! Yes, OG knows they are already out of the playoffs. And for all of you Tierneyites out there, say goodbye to your empty suit congressman in the primary! This battle will be between Moulten and Tisei! And Tisei is already focusing on the welfare sucking ghettos in Lynn where he got trounced 2 years ago. OG predicts the winners will be Moutsoulas in the primary and Cole in the final. Seth Moulten will win the primary, Tisei in the final. Unfortunately Speliotis will cruise to a victory also. And that is how OG sees it.

9. Bob Croce August 22, 2014 at 3:14 pm #

OK. Had to make an executive decision here, and expand our terms of use when it comes to commenting.

I’ve deleted some comments today, and ask that you please refrain from the following shenanigans:

— The one-on-one war of words between the REAL OG and Harry Birmingham needs to stop. If you guys want to go at each other, please exchange email addresses or become Facebook friends. The rest of us are bored with this.

— All of the fake OGs are no longer allowed to imitate the original OG. This too has become a tired act, and since I have his IP address, I know who the REAL OG is.If you want to post using the Outfront Guy handle, I won’t stop that, since no one owns the name. But if I judge your intent to be trying to fool people into thinking you are the original, I will simply delete your comments.

Capiche everyone?

Thanks for commenting, even if I do have to give some of you a “timeout” on occasion.