State Rep Democratic candidates invited to debate on ‘You Make The Call’

14 Aug

By Eye on Peabody

Dunne

Beverley Dunne

Jim Moutsoulas

Jim Moutsoulas

“You Make The Call,” Peabody’s longest-running public access cable show on local politics, is inviting the two Democratic candidates for State Rep in the 12th Essex District to debate the issues live on Wednesday, Aug. 27th, 8-9 p.m. on PAT Ch. 99.

YMTC co-host Bob Croce will moderate the forum between School Committee member Beverley Dunne, and Ward 3 Councilor James “Demo” Moutsoulas, who will square off in the Sept. 9th Democratic primary, with the winner facing Republican incumbent Leah Cole in November’s final election.

The format for the forum will include calls from the viewing audience.

We’re also soliciting questions from our Eye on Peabody audience, so please use the comments section to let us know what’s on your mind.

We’ll have more details here as they become available.

10 Responses to “State Rep Democratic candidates invited to debate on ‘You Make The Call’”

1. Just Thinking August 14, 2014 at 2:13 pm #

My understanding our rep.Leah Cole doesn’t accept the per diem and other benefits like pension. Will you be taking those benefits? Why should we vote for you?

2. long-time peabody resident August 14, 2014 at 3:10 pm #

I have a couple of questions:

#1. If this was not an off cycle year in the City of Peabody elections would either of you be willing to lose your current seat to attain this one?

#2. If either of you are successful would you have to abandon your current seat?

I have heard that Beverley’s plan is to hold both seats at once. I can honestly tell you that I feel no differently about this than I do about a city coucilor trying to get a job at the light department. It is wrong on so many levels, and I find it to be disgraceful.

3. Anon August 14, 2014 at 3:47 pm #

I can remember how this whole thing went down 2 years ago. Especially the frustration by the Dunne campaign and her close alliances with the fact that the mayor did not come out and publicly support her. Think things will be different this time around? Don’t be foolish, stupid is as stupid does! I think you are all in for a shocker in the democratic primary, but at the end of the day the cutie petutie from ward 1 retains her seat.

• Just Thinking August 14, 2014 at 4:00 pm #

Sounds Great!! Keep the hacks OUT!!

4. Rambo August 14, 2014 at 4:16 pm #

Bob how come you are not including ::Leah Cole in this debate. Not fair!

• Bob Croce August 14, 2014 at 4:18 pm #

Because Leah doesn’t have a primary on Sept. 9th. Sometime in October, we’ll definitely invite Leah and the winner of the Democratic Primary on for a debate.

• Commando August 14, 2014 at 4:29 pm #

Is Judy Selesnick going to be doing interviews as well?

• Bob Croce August 14, 2014 at 4:31 pm #

I don’t know the answer. What Judy does with candidates is totally separate from our show, but if you called Natalie at PAT, I’m sure she’d have an answer for you.

5. Please, no more says.... August 14, 2014 at 8:02 pm #

Please, no more Selesnick interviews. After watching her last round of interviews I was ready to commit Hari Kari.

• Interweb guru August 19, 2014 at 11:14 pm #

Why are the little symbols next to the names of the commenters here always gray for the most part? Cuz they are from the same IP ADDrESS!