Tom Grelish: ‘Croce has a right to be miffed’

22 Nov

(Editor’s note: The following “Just Thinking” column, written by Peabody Citizen Publisher Tom Grelish, appeared in this week’s edition of that newspaper, and is re-published here with permission.)

By Tom Grelish, Publisher, Peabody Citizen

VoteJust thinking as usual this week and offering the thought that Bob Croce, who recently lost the Ward 5 city council race to Joel Saslaw, is well within bounds to be more than slightly disgruntled concerning the shenanigans that transpired in the polling place during the election.

Malfeasance in the polling place is never acceptable, and make no mistake about it – what transpired was flat-out malfeasance carried out by a couple of birdbrained poll workers. The height of stupidity, no two ways about it.

For those of you who may have missed it, here’s what took place: the poll workers, while on duty as representatives of the residents of Peabody, saw fit to post massages on Facebook urging residents to scamper to the polls and vote for Saslaw.

You gotta be kidding me. Some folks have said that the incident was tantamount to no big deal, but I vehemently disagree with that assessment. It was a very big deal and borders on voter fraud. We cannot tolerate that type of stuff. End of story.

Candidates for office must remain at least, I believe, 150 feet from a polling place so that voters are not unduly influenced by them. That’s a good rule. Then we have a couple of pinheads violating that rule from inside the polling place?

Only in Peabody could this type of baloney go on. And Croce should be streaming about it – all he asked for was a clean election, and he didn’t get it.

Let’s not be naïve about this. Those Facebook postings did not alter the outcome of the election – Saslaw took home the prize by almost 90 votes, a safe enough margin of error even if a couple of voters did heed the efforts of the harebrained poll workers.

But that doesn’t detract from the seriousness of the situation.

City Clerk Tim Spanos is handling this mess the right way – he’s turned the entire ball of wax over to the office of Secretary of State Bill Galvin, as well as the Ethics Commission, to figure this thing out and what should be done about this quagmire.

The worst thing about the polling place game-playing is that it casts Spanos, Mayor Ted Bettencourt, and Saslaw, in a very bad light. And none of them deserve to have that black light focused on them, because none of them did anything wrong but will get swept into this kerfuffle nevertheless.

I have particular empathy for Spanos, who is a top-shelf city clerk and always does his utmost to run clean elections. Then to have a couple of poll workers stab him in the back like that just isn’t right.

Spanos has no culpability in this fiasco. All he can do is hire the parties he thinks are the right people to man the polls – then, he has to trust them to do the job properly. He can’t be everywhere, all the time, on the day of the election, and was completely blindsided by those poll workers.

Saslaw, too, receives a black eye for this and he hasn’t even taken office yet. The renegade poll workers were, after all, obviously supporters of his. But there is no way that Saslaw should take guff for this – he didn’t tell those pinheads to do what they did. No way, no how.

As for Bettencourt, he doesn’t need this malarkey. He had nothing to do with it but will nonetheless be held somewhat responsible because it was city workers involved in the transgressions. He has bigger fish to fry in his efforts to run the city, and can easily live without this nonsense.

As for Croce, he has apparently retained an attorney to assist him with this election disgrace. I don’t blame him – Bob Croce has to look out for the best interests of Bob Croce. No one is going to do it for him.

That being said, I’m not sure how an attorney will be able to bolster his case, short of demanding a new election, a scenario that is highly unlikely to unfold.

The lawyer will easily prove that malfeasance took place, but that’s not going to change the outcome of the election. It’ll be very interesting to see where the lawyer takes this matter.

If he is successful in getting a new election – which, as stated, if highly unlikely – all bets are off. Croce could win it the second time around.

Wouldn’t that he something?

No matter what the lawyer does, this is for sure – the city of Peabody should reimburse Croce for his legal fees.

It would be the only decent thing to do. After all, Bob Croce did not initiate this brouhaha. A couple of city workers did.

And the rest of us are responsible for making good on the missteps of city workers. It’s lousy, but it is also reality.

So I hope the city council walks the proper path on this and gives Croce his money back. All he ever asked for was an unfettered election, and he did not receive that.

Again, some people are of the mind that all this is no big deal. Let me reiterate – it is a very big deal. No two ways about it.

55 Responses to “Tom Grelish: ‘Croce has a right to be miffed’”

1. anon November 22, 2013 at 4:42 pm #

Wow, I hadn’t heard about this. How about the poll workers? Shouldn’t they bear some responsibility here? After all, they are supposed to know better…right?

2. I smell a rat..... November 22, 2013 at 4:49 pm #

This is what you call dirty politics. Sending facebook messages out from INSIDE the polls to thousands of voters is outrageous! I hope the ethics commission does a complete investigation.

3. Embarrassing Victory November 22, 2013 at 4:52 pm #

Certainly would not be proud to be the winner of this election. What a mess! I hope that the state forces a re-vote, If it were me I would use this story as my literature.

4. Mr. Boombostic November 22, 2013 at 4:55 pm #

I heard it was Gamache’s Family that was manning the poll station at The Kiley School. That should add fire to the Secretary of State’s decision making process. How can an elected official have several family members working the polling station? Further more, how could the city allow that to happen? I hope heads roll over this.

5. Winona Street November 22, 2013 at 5:23 pm #

More crooked politics in the city of Peabody. Happy to see the city reporting this to the secretary of state. Spanos screwed up here but I do not think he did it on purpose. He is good at his job. This has a Gamache smell all over it and Saslaw should be ashamed. I would like to see Mr. Saslaw come out and apologize for what his supporters did. If he does not the next two years of his term are going to be really tainted by this. This smells as bad as what happened during the Bush-Gore thing in Florida.

6. Anonymous November 22, 2013 at 5:26 pm #

One thing that Grelish is wrong about here is that it did not make a diff in the final outcome. If these nitwits swayed just 45 voters then they may have changed the entire final outcome. Who knows what else they were doing? Were they calling people who hadn’t voted yet? I saw one drunk woman staggering in at 7:45 asking people holding signs where she goes to vote. Shameful.

7. tic tac lover November 22, 2013 at 5:33 pm #

I was told that Gamache was going to stay out of it. He obviously did not. I also heard he was promised a job with the city which is why he retired from politics. Not a very reputable guy to give a city job to, hope this ruins it for him.

8. shady pants November 22, 2013 at 5:47 pm #

I was wondering the the Ward 5 elect councilor wasn’t at the meeting last week. Walsh and McGinn were both there. Is he in hiding? I would be if I were him, I am sure he knew all about it.

9. Here you go November 22, 2013 at 5:52 pm #

The arrogance of these people is incredible. Go to the Peabody Patch Facebook page and you will see that the comments are still there: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=669918173032173&set=pb.142694925754503.-2207520000.1385160616.&type=3&theater. Gamache’s sister in law writes “Vote for Joel Saslaw” while on duty at the polls. They must be proud of it since they did not even delete it.

10. Here you go November 22, 2013 at 6:00 pm #

89 vote difference and this was going on? Tainted “victory” for Mr. Saslaw. There is no doubt about that now.

11. Sick and tired November 22, 2013 at 8:07 pm #

It should be tainted. he did not win fair and square. I thought it was very strange that Saslaw won when no one seemed to even know who he was. There should be another vote since it looks like this was a crooked election. I feel like my vote for Mr. Croce was disrespected by these dirt balls. COUNT EVERY VOTE AGAIN MR. MAYOR.

• Croce supporter November 22, 2013 at 8:19 pm #

That is what I say too. Count every vote. I have lost faith in the entire system knowing these people stole the election from those of us who voted for Bob. It’s a frigging disgrace. If they were doing this on Facebook you can bet they were doing something else to sway votes from inside the polls. If the mayor gives this guy Gamache a job with the city now he has lost me forever as a supporter.

12. Legal eagle November 22, 2013 at 9:45 pm #

Let’s wait until the facts come out about who the pole workers were before we cast judgement. Lots of rumors floating around. Nobody knows whats true. Once the names of the people come out you’ll be able to tell who was involved and see if there really was a concentrated effort to affect the outcome of the election. In most cases of voter fraud it’s pretty simple to connect the dots.

13. Anonymous November 23, 2013 at 10:30 am #

If these poll workers are related to elected officials, that is a serious problem. There can’t be any family members of elected officials working inside voting precincts. If family members are sending out facebook posts from inside the precinct, this is absolutely an issue that could invalidate the election. The state may call for a brand new election. I really hope this is not true. This gives Peabody another black eye it doesn’t need.

14. Anonymous November 23, 2013 at 10:47 am #

How does this happen? I knew the Gamaches were Saslaw supporters. Everyone knew the Gamaches were with Saslaw. Why did Peabody officials let them work at the polling place?” Really really unfair to Bob. You do not need to be a genius to realize that It is not even debatable. I would be pissed too.

15. Bob Croce November 23, 2013 at 11:38 am #

Now that it is out there, I feel I should bring our friends and supporters up to date on what has happened here, and why the state is investigating.

This is America and it’s the right of every candidate to have a fair and level playing field within the polling place.

We may never know exactly how the actions of poll workers influenced the final outcome on Nov. 5th, but clearly most of those who worked in the Precinct 1 and 2 polls at the Kiley School favored my opponent. We have clear evidence that at least two of these on-duty workers actively attempted to influence people to vote for Ward 5 Councilor-Elect Joel Saslaw from inside the polls, which is a clear violation of election law.

Overall, and based on their pre-election activities, we’ve determined that at least 9 of the 13 workers assigned to the Kiley were Saslaw supporters, which created an appearance of impropriety within the polling place. Since the election was close, these poll workers needed to only influence 45 voters to mathematically affect the final results.

I will try to bring you updates as they occur, but here is what has transpired so far:

Peabody City Clerk Tim Spanos, upon the request of Mayor Ted Bettencourt, has officially reported the incidents on Election Day to the Secretary of the Commonwealth and to the State Ethics Commission. The city has so far handled this situation professionally and appropriately, and even personally apologized to me for the actions of these poll workers. The fact that the Mayor and Clerk Spanos admit that what happened here was wrong, speaks volumes, and at the very least I’m hopeful that these poll workers will lose their jobs as election officials.

I have followed up the city’s report with some additional details for the state, including screen shots of poll worker comments on Facebook that were made while they were on-duty, As referenced in an earlier comment here, a relative of Ward 5 Councilor David Gamache did indeed write “Vote for Joel Saslaw” on the Peabody Patch Facebook page while working the polls that day. But there was more, and it will be up to the state to determine what actions to take.

At the end of the day, this is all about just one thing …

Fairness. The city needs to ensure that this NEVER happens again to another candidate.

I’ll try to keep you all updated as things progress.

Thanks,
    Bob

16. Anonymous November 23, 2013 at 12:00 pm #

What is this a frigging Banana Republic? Come on mayor do something here. Im a big supporter of Ted but he needs to take a stand. If this Gamache guy gets a city job now I will be dumb founded.

17. Wondering November 23, 2013 at 12:42 pm #

You have proof of Sally Savageau, Gamache’s sister in law writing “Vote For Joel Saslaw” on Facebook while on duty as a poll worker. From the standpoint of lock solid evidence that is almost like having a picture of an accused murderer standing over the body holding the murder weapon. What might the state do to her for that? Does anyone know? Is it a big fine or can you go to jail for that? I just don’t know.

18. JD November 23, 2013 at 12:59 pm #

Unless the state shows some actual voter fraud here (for example, they learn that results were tampered with) this all pretty much falls under the category of “electioneering.” What Ms. Savageau is accused of doing with the “Vote for Joel Saslaw” comment definitely violates anti-electioneering laws. Even if she wasn’t a poll worker, you cannot — by law– do that within 150 feet of a polling place. What’s likely to happen to her is a fine (up to $1,000). And I think it is safe to say that her days as a Peabody poll worker are over. If the city allows her to work another election, it definitely runs the risk of further, future liability. I don’t think Spanos would risk his job like that.

19. Jon C. November 23, 2013 at 1:35 pm #

Just wondering why The Peabody Patch has not released a story on this yet? This would definately change my mind if I had voted for Mr. Saslaw. I also agree with the comment above about using this story and it’s materials within for my campaign handouts if there is a re-vote. Oh, and don’t worry Gamache will still land that sweet city position to raise his pension, he is already taking classes in that field to be “the perfect candidate!” I hope a few people call the Secretary of State’s office on Bob’s befalf, it could make a difference. 1-617-727-7030 is the telephone number to the Elections Division.

• anon November 23, 2013 at 4:54 pm #

Taking classes? What kind of position is it? So basically he has no experience for the job but they are giving it to him anyway?

• Anonymous November 23, 2013 at 6:37 pm #

It is a buildings superintendent position. Basically overseeing the city owned buildings.

20. TB November 23, 2013 at 1:52 pm #

Here’s what this is like. Patriots fans tune into tomorrow night’s game and immediately notice that the referee, back judge and umpire are all wearing Wes Welker jerseys.

21. Anonymous November 23, 2013 at 4:41 pm #

Just so you all know. City Clerk Tim Spanos puts together the potential list of poll workers and then submits that list to the mayor for his final approval.

22. Foul play..... November 23, 2013 at 9:15 pm #

Hey TB, thats a great analogy! The poll workers were wearing Joel Saslaw shirts when you came into vote! That about somes up all deceitful actions of these people. Joel Saslaw should do the right thing an ask for a new election.

• Anonymous November 25, 2013 at 7:44 am #

Obviously you dont know Joel too well…

• TB November 25, 2013 at 7:57 am #

All I know is that Saslaw better hope there is no new election. People get pissed when they think the process is not fair. If there is a new election Croce wins easily this time.

23. Looking for Ward 1 Candidate November 24, 2013 at 12:29 am #

Big news! Just heard of this tonight at Champions! A lot of people are rallying around Croce and calling the election nothing but a fraud. The guy that won was nothing but a guinney pig!

24. the Outfront Guy* November 25, 2013 at 8:17 am #

OG says…hold on to your wind blown hats folks…this story is far from being over…..much like the Pats game at halftime last night….and that’s how OG sees it.

25. Anonymous November 25, 2013 at 8:38 am #

Has Mr. Saslaw at least called Mr. Croce to apologize for this bad behavior by his supporters? I am trying to give Joel the benefit of the doubt and say that these were renegade poll workers but it seems like he has been really silent and that makes me feel like he condones what happened. Shame on him if that is true. That is not the type of character I would like to see when it comes to my ward councillor

26. Anonymous November 25, 2013 at 10:21 am #

Where the heck is the Salem News and Peabody Patch on this?!? I’m ready to call Fox25 to give this some traction it really deserves!

27. Opie Taylor November 25, 2013 at 10:37 am #

Patch is too busy with stories on people stealing grand ma’s pie from the window sill.

28. Duh ! November 25, 2013 at 1:03 pm #

You people are a bunch of birdbrains! If this story had any truth to it, it would not have been a half-wit sportswriter from a failed newspaper that went out of business over 2 decades ago that wrote this story. So that is why nobody else is talking about it, except of course the 3 people that look at this silly blog. So first let’s all see if this comment gets approved…

• Anonymous November 25, 2013 at 5:40 pm #

It’s funny, when somebody can’t actually defend themselves against the real story they need to sink down and attacked the person writing the story. So why hasn’t Mr. Saslaw stepped up and put something out to the public basically saying he had nothing to do with it nor does he give any sort of support to what these individuals did at the actual poles? I believe the reason is, he was very well aware of it so by him not asking them to cease the activity he condoned the actual activity which helped put him over the Mark to actually win the election. These individuals had direct access to which voters voted in which had not and they knew exactly who their specific supporters were. Are you now going to tell me that Mr. Saslaw did not have a nasty argument with an older individual at the Kylie school? Or, are you get a blame that again on some supposedly hack news writer?

29. Guilt by assocation November 25, 2013 at 7:55 pm #

I am at the city council meeting right now and “Councilor elect” Saslaw is here. I’m thinking about asking him when he thinks the special election might take place. He must not be happy about all of this. Even if the state does not call for a new election this thing is definitely going to taint him for the next 2 years. I already hear people all of the city questioning if he is a legit Ward 5 councilor. Poor bastard. His friend Gamache really screwed him

30. Marchese Mania November 25, 2013 at 8:03 pm #

Looks like no job for Gamache. Keep taking those night courses Davey boy. Maybe Danvers will hire you as a facilities manager. Should have kept his kid and his sissy in law under control. Ha ha ha.

31. Sour grapes November 25, 2013 at 9:04 pm #

I am a Saslaw supporter and you people need to get a life. He won fair and square and Croce is just jealous because the people working in the polls were with Joel. Why wouldn’t they be? He was the best choice. Who cares what they did in the polls. The best man won and it was important that the best man wins. Croce is just jealous because Joel thought about campaigning with the people who work in the polls before he did. you snooze you lose. That is what happened here. Joel worked hard to get the poll workers on his side. Sally is a wonderful person and a hero for what she did. God bless her.

• anon November 25, 2013 at 10:05 pm #

The problem isn’t that poll workers favored him. They have a right to vote like anyone else. It’s what they allegedly did while working at the polls that is the problem. It’s not about jealousy it’s about whether voting laws were violated. Get it?

32. Anon November 26, 2013 at 8:07 am #

Recounts and such are all coming to an end now, 3 weeks after the election on November 5. I think it is time to move on. Has anyone out there including Mr. Croce heard from the State yet? If not, next topic please:

33. Bob Croce December 1, 2013 at 10:25 am #

I just wanted to give everyone an update on where things stand with this. On Saturday, I received a confidential letter from the State Ethics Commission. Because the letter is confidential, I cannot reveal it’s contents, but I can tell you that the incidents that occurred on Election Day are now officially being looked at by the state. These matters take time, so please stay tuned as I’ll update you when I can.

Thanks

• Anon December 2, 2013 at 11:53 am #

Great news. A couple of questions…

Is this a joint investigation with the City of Peabody?

Was there a time table on when they plan to round up the investigation?

34. racroce December 3, 2013 at 3:57 pm #

They don’t reveal a time table. I don’t believe the city is investigating anything right now. They have self-reported the violations to the state, and handed it over at this point.

• Anon December 3, 2013 at 9:18 pm #

Thank you Mr. Croce for keeping us all up to date on this. I, for one, am really disgusted with this whole thing. The Inauguration is only 4 weeks away and do we really know who won in ward 5? With city hall requesting help on this issue, I think that the inauguration should be postponed if there has not been a finding by that date. Or, maybe just omit the ward 5 portion of the evening until this is all squared away. How can we as a city usher in a candidate when the outcome of the election could be flawed and is under investigation by the City of Peabody, the Secretary of State’s office, and the Massachusetts State Ethics department??

Does anyone else feel the same way as I do on this issue?

Also, I know how hard it is (especially in the City of Peabody) to get people out to actually vote once a year! Now, if this whole thing turns out as I think it should, with a special election, the turnout is sure to be dismal at best. The thing that strikes me funny is that at the Kiley school there were no reported election workers with ties to any of the candidates or current ward councilor and Mr. Croce won that precinct. So how can you look at the results, the allegations of voter fraud, and the results in both polling stations and not think that there should most definitely be a special election to rule out a shadow of doubt?

Being a supporter of either candidate in this race and making it to the polls to cast your vote and have this happen makes me wonder how this may make people feel. Heck, or if it will deter them from ever voting again? I have been following this post and have held off on commenting until now, reading all of the comments and trying to make sense of it all, but to me another election with different poll workers (unbiased) would be the fair thing to do. Not only would it benefit both candidates by letting them know whom REALLY WINS and whom REALLY DOESN’T, and it would also end any speculation of voter fraud. For me, I would hate to win an election under these type of circumstances because it leaves a lot of people wondering who REALLY WON!

Not to keep going on here, but I have also read in this comment section that there was a possibility that the current ward 5 councilor may have had family working the polls and that they may have been texting during working hours. Well let me tell you that he should be equally penalized because he as an elected official should know better.

35. the Outfront Guy* December 3, 2013 at 10:34 pm #

OG says….following this saga since election day….’tis a twisted web we weave…and OG has to wonder “how does Joel Saslaw feel about this whole thing?” has he been asked for his opinion or view on this issue by any member of the local press? we surely know how Mr Croce feels but wouldn’t it be interesting to hear from the ‘victorious’ Ward 5 Councilor??

36. Thegoodfight December 4, 2013 at 10:42 pm #

No matter who you voted for, I think most reasonable people understand this is wrong. Three relatives of an elected official should not be working the polls. Most importantly electioneering did most certainly take place. Strong and swift action needs to take place. The women involved need to lose their positions and face fines in accordance with their actions. I doubt a new election will take place and do not believe what occurred changed the outcome. It would be hard to believe that anyone would be influenced by the people involve!
    It is disgraceful plain and simple and I support the way in which Bob has handled this issue. As someone who voted for Joel and has worked with him on important projects, I too hope that he is able to make a public statement denouncing the actions of these women.

• Anonymous December 5, 2013 at 8:10 am #

What kind of important projects has Joel ever worked on? No really? Denounce this? Oh please…He is laughing at everyone that he is now the new mayor of Rt 1…Sure there will be a lot of freebies for him…

• Thegoodfight December 5, 2013 at 12:43 pm #

If you must know, Extended Day Committee and GreenPeabody – both of which involved a tremendous amount of time and effort on behalf of our community. I am sure there will now be flurry of posts bashing those committees and all other work being done behind the scenes, voluntarily, to create a better community, cuz that’s what you do here. Sad.

volunteerign for demnding committees etc. SO carry on EOP, seems to be all you want to hear.

• Anonymous December 5, 2013 at 1:04 pm #

obviously he placed alot of value on serving in these groups because I DONT believe he listed them as some of his accomplishments when he was running. I have been to green meetings and he was never there…Was he watching those on TV too? Please

What is this extended day committee? He never mentioned that either…

BTW the green committee is made up a select group of people and we all know there are cobwebs in some of their closets

37. Anon December 5, 2013 at 2:31 pm #

Green Committee, HA! That committee has overcome a lot of ground in the past couple of years! Was he the chairperson? Guess I would have not listed that on my literature either. What ever happened to that Eckel guy anyways?

38. the Outfront Guy* December 5, 2013 at 6:30 pm #

OG says…a bit interesting perhaps that Mr Saslaw did not mention those committees (extended day and Green) when his candidate profile was listed in the Salem News…..you would think that with all the time spent working on them he might mention them? do you agree?

39. Anonymous December 6, 2013 at 9:29 pm #

If you’re looking for a reason why Mr. Croce lost – look no further than this blog. People get pissed when they are criticized and called names. Many of these pissed people are influential in Peabody politics and have many friends and family in ward 5. Not that there is anything wrong with a blog that voices people’s opinions but it’s Mr. Croce’s blog and even though he doesn’t voice these personal insults himself, it’s human nature to blame him. I’m not saying it is right to blame him but blog commentary can sometimes be down right mean and I know Mr. Croce has a passion for writing but if he wants to run for office again I would advise he disassociate himself from this blog.

• Don't be stupid December 6, 2013 at 9:39 pm #

Dumbest comment ever written in the history of this blog. This blog has no bearing on who got elected in Ward 5. Croce lost for two reasons. 1. He did not do as good of a job getting out his vote as Saslaw on election day. 2. The Gamache family worked from inside the polls to illegally sway votes. Simple as that and nothing will change that.The final result was tainted and Saslaw has to live with the fact that he was no elected fair and square.Case closed.

• Bob Croce December 7, 2013 at 11:30 am #

I would disagree that this is the “dumbest” comment ever written here, but it’s certainly, in my mind, one of the most-troubling. If most people feel that the comments made here are somehow “unfair” and egregious, then I fear for our democracy.

I’ve never personally and unfairly “slammed” anyone in the main posts here. I’ve simply reported facts, and then given my opinion as it pertains to the facts. This is not now, nor has it ever been a place to “slam” individuals.

Even in the comments section, no individual is ever unfairly slammed here. And certainly, we NEVER allow any shots to be taken at private citizens.

But I do smell a rat when it comes to the comment in question. If this commentator is saying I lost because “people get pissed when they are criticized and called names,” then the commentator must be either an elected official, winning candidate, or insider closely aligned with an elected official or candidate. After all, no regular, ordinary voters have ever been portrayed here in a negative light.

My message to this anonymous person is this: You’re wasting your time if your goal is to “scare” me out of business when it comes to this blog. Eye On Peabody is here to stay, and will remain a watchdog for the taxpayers.

During my campaign, I pledged to always be on the side of the residents, and always protect their quality of life. I remain steadfast in that promise. Since I live in Ward 5, I will particularly be following the actions of Mr. Saslaw. He definitely had the support during the campaign of developers who — with the blessing of the current Ward 5 Councilor — ran amok over the past 24 years. I hope Joel does the right thing when it comes to always sticking up for resident property rights. But either way, I’ll be watching, and I’ll be here to report and comment fairly and accurately on his actions and his votes.

As for the anonymous commentator above: Sorry, my friend, but it’s not about winning elections. It’s about doing the right thing.

And Unlike a lot of our elected officials, I would gladly go down in flames in every and any election rather than compromise my principles.

40. Sgt. Schultz December 11, 2013 at 3:54 pm #

Wondering if there are any new developments in the investigation about the ward 5 race? Thanks!

41. racroce December 12, 2013 at 10:49 am #

Nothing new. I’ve been contacted by the State Ethics Commission to acknowledge they have received the complaint, but it’s up to the state now. I’ll update everyone if/when I learn more.