Tis the season for these Peabody kids to spread good cheer at your front door

7 Dec
Carolers

Alex and Lea Romano and the Caring Carolers at our front door tonight

The nice thing about having your own blog is that you can write about anything you want, any time you want.

And while I know that I’m likely to get some criticism from those who think this blog should be serious Peabody issues all of the time, tonight I bring you something that still has constant companion and I feeling good, and smiling on this rainy Friday night.

We were visited tonight by Alex and Lea Romano and the Caring Carolers!

We were treated to a rousing chorus of “The 12-days of Christmas,” and all we had to do was make an offering to Haven From Hunger. Actually, we didn’t have to make any offering at all, but these kids, these great kids, who make you feel wonderful about our future as a city and a country, go around our Jordan Acres neighborhood each December, spreading good cheer and requesting a little something for those less fortunate than us.

We donated some non-perishable food, but you could also donate a check made out to Haven From Hunger. Or, you could just enjoy the carols. Although – unless your name is Scrooge or Grinch – why in the world wouldn’t you give these great kids something for their efforts?

Of course, being the perpetual wise ass that I can be, once they were done singing I just couldn’t help myself, and asked them:  “hey kids, what the heck did you do with the money your mom gave you for those singing lessons?” OK, so a few of them were a little off key. It was the thougt that counted.

And right now, thanks to them, we’re feeling good and realizing that Peabody is a pretty nice place to live, amd if these young people are any indication, our future is bright.

Thank you Caring Carolers, and Merry Christmas.

8 Responses to “Tis the season for these Peabody kids to spread good cheer at your front door”

1. Daniel B.Kulak December 8, 2012 at 12:44 am #

There is nothing the matter with providing a “feel good” story once in awhile! People need to know when other people do a good deed!

2. the Outfront Guy* December 8, 2012 at 8:36 am #

OG says…I like the variety of posts that we are seeing…it doesn’t all have to be about political bashing and bantering…in fact, OG can envision this blog almost becoming the ‘go to place’ for Dark City virtual community news and inside discussions….as long as we keep it civil the positive word of mouth will follow…..and that’s how OG sees it…

3. Bob Croce December 8, 2012 at 10:04 am #

Thak you, gentlemen. I totally agree! But OG, what’s with the “Dark City” references?

4. the Outfront Guy* December 8, 2012 at 3:43 pm #

OG says…fear not fearless editor…OG will remain true to form until I am convinced other wise that Dark City is an improper and unjust reference to things around here….but don’t let my somewhat somber viewpoint make you put your sunglasses away….there is room for all views and we can’t all agree that everything is just ducky…even on a dreary, ducky kind of day like today !

5. anonymous December 8, 2012 at 7:01 pm #

I believe that is the world famous comedic actor, Justin Cimone in the front there

• Anonymous December 13, 2012 at 8:20 am #

I believe it is! Fantastic in Noises Off. I do think it’s Cimon, though. Haha.

6. Anonymous December 10, 2012 at 11:48 am #

BRAVO to these kids and the parents that raised them… nice to see hope for the future

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Catching up on nice honor for local hero … and more | Eye on Peabody - March 22, 2013

[…] The sisters also each year organize the “Caring Carolers,” who roam our Goodale Street-area neighborhood during Christmastime singing carols door-to-door while collecting money for Haven From Hunger. Not only do they get their friends together to sing for a very good cause, but their visit to your door really makes you feel good and get into the Christmas spirit. […]