‘Make The Call’ show invites State Rep primary candidates to address voters

6 Mar

By Eye On Peabody

Please join your hosts Dick Jarvis and Bob Croce tonight, 8-9 p.m., on PAT Channel 99 when they invite the candidates from yesterday’s primaries for Peabody  State Rep. on the “You Make the Call” show.

Dick and Bob have invited Democratic Primary winner Beverley Griffin Dunne, Republican Primary winner Leah Cole, and Republican Primary runner up Greg Bunn to come on and address the voters of Peabody about yesterday’s results.

On our next show, we will invite back Dunne and Cole, as well as unenrolled candidate David Gravel in advance of the final election on April 2nd.

For now, though, please tune in and ask questions of the candidates. Each will be individually given 10-15 minutes to address the voters and answer questions from our co-hosts and the callers.

12 Responses to “‘Make The Call’ show invites State Rep primary candidates to address voters”

1. the Outfront Guy March 6, 2013 at 2:41 pm #

OG says….if I was Greg Bunn why would I want to appear on the show the day after losing in the primary? didn’t Romney disappear for 3 months after losing??

2. anonymous March 6, 2013 at 3:58 pm #

to all u sexist people who called Leah Cole “little Leah” and “little girl” its too bad that you couldn’t see the potential behind a young woman that had the guts to stand up to an institution made and run by white-haired balding men. Too bad for all the people that thought Bunn had it in the bag last night. there is a new generation of leadership coming in.

• Anon March 6, 2013 at 6:21 pm #

Right On!

From a Balding old man.

3. Anonymous March 6, 2013 at 4:03 pm #

She should have run for Library Trustee. Her gender has nothing to do with it. She is just NOT qualified to be a state rep at this time. Maybe in a few years. What don’t you get about that? By the way, before you call me a “sexist” again, know that I am supporting Beverley Dunne and was a long-time supporter of Joyce. I will admit, however, that I do have gray hair and an ever enlarging forehead.

• Anon March 6, 2013 at 6:25 pm #

Beverley Griffin Dunne is Qualified?

How is that?

We need another lawyer like another hole in our head.

Another Obama, No thanks.

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme. That’s Beverley.

4. anonymous March 6, 2013 at 4:10 pm #

well unless u were making overtly sexist comments that probably wasn’t directed at you…

• anonymous March 6, 2013 at 4:12 pm #

also if she were a 24 yr old man, people would probably think she isn’t qualified. just saying….

5. zanzibar March 6, 2013 at 4:21 pm #

I agree with all your points except, “He ran a good campaign.” Why would you say that? Hard work does not equal a “good campaign.” As far as I can see he ran just about the lamest campaign since Marissa DeFranco. All this bluster and bravado about his credentials and connections with Baker and Brown and he couldn’t muster 500 votes? Seriously? Dunne grabbed 600 votes in a race against nobody. Just as I would any person who’d put their name on a ballot, I’ll give Bunn credit for running, but there’s no way in hell this could ever be described as “a good campaign.”

6. Anonymous March 6, 2013 at 8:56 pm #

Nothing is ever going to change in politics if we keep electing the same career politicians who only care about keeping their job. I would rather have a 24 year old E.R. Nurse represent me then another lifelong politician. You can try to scare us that our rep needs “experience” to achieve on Beacon Hill. I say fuk that! Give me someone with common sense who’s truly able to vote for what’s right for the people not for the politicians.

7. Anonymous March 7, 2013 at 6:30 pm #

Watched Cole and Bunn on You Make the Call last night.

I was really disappointed by Cole, what were the Peabody voters thinking?

Thought Bunn was classy for going on the show, he seems like the real deal, hope we haven’t seen the last of him.

8. Mark Titelbaum March 12, 2013 at 10:41 am #

On April 2 the voters in Peabody, Massachusetts will have the chance to vote for a candidate who offers a different perspective. The election of Ms. Leah Cole will not break the lock held by the Democratic Party in Massachusetts since 1955, but it will invite the opportunity to hear from a new voice. Elected officials in control of the Massachusetts House and Senate have long downplayed alternative views and advanced self-serving agendas for too long. Now the voters in Peabody are presented with the opportunity to elect an earnest individual, while at the same time encouraging more young people to become involved. The election of Ms. Cole would promote a sense of integrity, vision, and sincerity, values long overdue on Beacon Hill.

• Anonymous March 12, 2013 at 2:53 pm #

How can Ms. Cole possibly do the job with her lack of political and life experience? I think it’s great too that young people want to run. I just cannot bring myself to vote for her since at this stage she is just not qualified to deal with what she would need to deal with. Being a rep is about getting local aid for Peabody and helping Peabody residents with things they need. To do that you need to have some influence over the process in some way. I personally think most of the people on Beacon Hill are useless aholes, but they are also vindictive and nasty. Ms. Cole, because of her lack of life experience (and I feel her age), will not be able to get anything for Peabody, an be bullied up there. I am not insulting her. Just pointing out the reality. Who knows, she might make a great State Rep in five years. I wish she had run for city council or school committee. It would have been a good experience on which she could build. I did meet her during the campaign, and I think she is an impressive young woman.But she is impressive for a 24 year old. I just don’t think she is qualified right now to be able to deal with the big boys and girls on Beacon Hill. Does this make sense?