Poll: How will you vote in the primary for State Rep?

25 Feb

By Eye on Peabody

We’re just about one week away from primary day  (March 5th) in the special election for State Rep in the 12th Essex District. If you live in  Peabody Wards 1-4 and in Precinct 1 or 3 in Ward 5, and plan to vote in the primary, please take our poll.

About these ads

34 Responses to “Poll: How will you vote in the primary for State Rep?”

1. Anonymous February 25, 2013 at 1:53 pm #

Looks like Leah and her little right wing buddies are trying to take over another poll. Hey Bob, too bad you can’t only allow Peabody people to actually take this poll. So much for being honest Leah, but this is OK since none of the people who are taking the poll can vote for you. Maybe you can get some more people from North Andover to support you. Good luck. You go girl!

2. Mike C February 25, 2013 at 5:52 pm #

Excuse me – I am a resident of Peabody, and Leah came to my door last week and earned my support. I sincerely resent your categorization of Leah or myself as “right-wing freaks.” If that’s what Greg Bunn refers to conservatives as then count me out. I have read through some of the comments you guys have made, and I promise you that if Greg wins the primary (which I doubt he will), I will not be supporting him in the general. And I am a lifelong Republican. So congratulations, you lost my vote.

• Super Voter February 25, 2013 at 6:10 pm #

That’s ok Mike C. – there are plenty of Independants planning on voting for Mr. Bunn, myself included. Ms. Cole did not earn my vote – all I get is misleading literature from her – like the one today with a picture of her and Charlie Baker, pretending that he is supporting her. She has not been in my neighborhood at all or anywhere near Ward 3 that ‘ve heard of. she had other people deliver her literature to some streets but she wasn’t walking and knocking herself.

• Bob Croce February 25, 2013 at 6:16 pm #

Hi all,
        I will update you more on this later, but it’s a fact that the Liberty Movement (essentially Ron Paul’s followers) have definitely hijacked this poll today. There are dozens of non-Peabody residents voting here, which I find pretty disappointing. I know this to be true, since Liberty leaders, through a message on their website, asked all of their members to vote in this poll.

We’re trying to get a rough idea here of which candidate is ahead right now, so the classy thing here would have been for Leah’s supporters who DON’T live in the district to NOT vote. Instead, they’ve essentially ruined this poll with their foolishness. I hope Ms. Cole doesn’t condone this behavior

I know these polls are never scientific, but this one is essentially skewed thanks to all of the “children” out there.

• Anonymous February 25, 2013 at 6:39 pm #

Guess you better do a scientific poll then. You know, one that is at least a bit a more accurate. Like taking a poll on Huffpo on whether Obama is a good president. Btw, “liberty movement’? You don’t believe in liberty? It’s ok we all know neocons are just statists with a different animal on their cloaks.

• Anonymous February 25, 2013 at 6:54 pm #

Does not surprise me at all. Kooks all over this Leah’s campaign. Worst part is that they are outsider kooks. At least if they were Peabody kooks we could accept it and move on, but outsider kooks bother me, and are uber creepy in so many ways. It is like a freaking cult. By the way Bunn is no neo-con for what it is worth. The guy is the most moderate Republican I have ever met. Peabody will go for him just like it went for Scott Brown and Charlie Baker. It will not be close. Sorry Leah

• Anonymous February 25, 2013 at 7:00 pm #

Apparently you have no idea what a neocon is then. All, I see from people like you and every other post is calling people names with no substance to back up your claims. “freaks”, “Children”, “Kooks”. You guys are great. Now, do you have anything of substance to say or is that all your politics are? I totally believe they are because that’s the majority of the electorate these days.

• Anonymous February 25, 2013 at 7:10 pm #

“Mike C?” Why is a North Andover School Committee candidate lying about being from Peabody. You are BUSTED Mark! I think I will drop a dime to the Lawrence Eagle Tribune letting them know how insane you are. Good luck with your election now.

• Anonymous February 25, 2013 at 7:19 pm #

Just spoke with the news editor of the Eagle Tribune. They are very interested in this, Mark. You might get a call on it so be prepared with some story about how you lost your mind and made up a name and story on some blog. I also gave them the blog owners contact info in case he would be willing to verify what I say through his IP records.

• Huh February 25, 2013 at 7:55 pm #

Are you mentally stable?

• Anonymous February 25, 2013 at 10:25 pm #

The person you’re replying to is referring to the following attempt to game this poll (primarily relying on people who are not even eligible to vote here): http://www.dailypaul.com/275959/ron-paul-candidate-for-state-rep-in-massachusetts-needs-help-in-online-poll-against-establishment-republican

No one was saying that everyone who supports Leah Cole is a member of the group which was being referred to.

3. kook February 25, 2013 at 8:01 pm #

It is really sad when if you believe in liberty you are called a “kook.” I am truly troubled by this. Leah came to my door and she is a sincere young lady. I’m glad she is an outsider and I am glad she is trying to buck the trend in Boston. She has my vote 100%. Your ad hominem attacks get you no where.

• Anonymous February 25, 2013 at 8:36 pm #

Don’t worry, we’ll get the vote out. Just like we did during the delegate elections. Of course, they couldn’t take that loss either and had to cheat and change and make up rules on the fly. The establishment knows its days are numbered.

• Super Voter February 25, 2013 at 10:13 pm #

And you kook, obviously don’t have a clue about Peabody politics or Peabody voters. Leah Cole is done before she even got started and she has all of you “kooks” and her immaturity to thank.

• Anonymous February 25, 2013 at 10:31 pm #

Is that why Romney had to get the GOP to screw the delegates out of seats? You think we don’t have a network to get the vote out? Why do you think we got the majority of delegates? Or more like most of them. Have fun crying come election day.

• Anonymous March 6, 2013 at 4:05 am #

Looks like she isn’t quite done yet. I guess I know more about politics than you.

• Anonymous February 25, 2013 at 10:43 pm #

Good job Sherlock. You’re a bright one aren’t you?

• Anonymous February 25, 2013 at 10:59 pm #

Just the facts son, just the facts

• Anonymous February 25, 2013 at 11:38 pm #

Duh, you think more than 100 people ever come here or care about what you twats have to say? I’ll say it again in case you missed my previous post. You lost almost every delegate spot to a “liberty” candidate in the primarie, in Romney’s home state no less. You honestly don’t think we don’t have ourselves organized do you? There will be hardly anyone going out to vote for this off date election and those that do will be those with a purpose. Guess who that is, Sherlock. Now, you can call us names and you can disrespect a young lady who loves her country enough to get rid of the filth that is ruining it, but you can’t deny the truth. Get over it neocons. Your days are numbered. No one has any faith in you anymore.

• Anonymous February 25, 2013 at 11:53 pm #

Wow. An angry rant from a Paul goober. Listen Goober, you don’t win elections in Peabody this way. No one knows Leah Cole. A lot of unenrolled voters are going to pull R ballots. Your little Leah has no chance no matter how much you wish it so. Hell, even you know she’s a weak ass candidate. This is why she doesn’t go out and meet people. No cable TV appearances. No visits to the Senior Center. No visit to Brooksby. All places where REAL voters hang out. You are afraid because she is virtually a fake candidate. She just fits the suit like Greg Brady in the Johnny Bravo espisode. Peabody people are not going to let you steal a spot in a final election to replace the sainted Joyce S. You are all freaks and you will NEVER be anything locally, statewide or natioally. Go F Off, loser. You hear me, Goober.

• Anonymous February 26, 2013 at 12:31 am #

The only person I see ranting is you. Once again, you choose to use name calling as some sort of method to make yourself feel better about yourself. That’s ok, God will forgive you if you ask him. One more thing, Son. Your little district isn’t special. I know your area as I know all areas. Just because you live in it doesn’t make it any different than any other. You think there is no area like yours? You think there are not all kinds of districts with idiots in them? We know this. You’ll see come election day.

And just so you know, 18-35 year olds can and do vote too… and guess what, they do when there is someone to vote for. Now go iron your panties.

4. Andy February 26, 2013 at 2:42 pm #

LOL at the people getting butthurt. Leah Cole will win, and closed-minded morons will throw around unproven claims like ‘she’s a kook’.

• Super Voter February 26, 2013 at 5:08 pm #

Wow…there’s already someone with your arrogance occupying the White House. Why in God’s name would we want to vote for another? She’ll be forever known in Peabody AND politics as a “spoiler” – hey it wouldn’t surprise me if the democrats aren’t behind this – they stoop to lower than low – just like their leader, Deval Patrick.

• Siberian February 27, 2013 at 11:17 am #

Dear Super Voter:

Not sure you’re aware…..

The arrogant one — President Barack Obama, whom 66 million people voted for few mos ago, including winning Peabody with 15,000+ votes — his approval rating has hit a three-plus-year high.

Same time approval rating of Congressional REPUBLICANS has sunk to a corresponding low –>19% APPROVAL RATING don’t belive polls).

It’s rhetoric like yours — namecalling, accusations — that helps keep Republicans in the mud ……. and helps Democrats win.

• Anonymus February 26, 2013 at 11:30 pm #

Clever attempt at reframing Andy. Fact is this poll is spoiled and inaccurate. It was posted to a national site.

Greg Bunn has been actually TALKING to voters and getting a great response. He just knocked on my door the other day. Two hours before he showed up I heard a creepy rustling near my front door. When I opened it, I found a piece of flimsy soggy literature and spotted a 15 year old kid running away from my property.

This is getting weird. No question Bunn is the better candidate and has a real shot to beat the Dem and Ind. But… will the KOOKS as Andy so rightly calls them drive enough of their brethren out to ruin a special election primary? Keep working Greg. You’ve got my vote.

• Anonymus February 26, 2013 at 11:31 pm #

The piece of literature was Leah’s by the way… apparently she can’t even talk to voters herself. She has paid kids dropping cards and running away.

• Anonymous March 6, 2013 at 4:03 am #

Guess it didn’t help

5. lukky March 4, 2013 at 10:08 am #

Why are you all wasting your time with this Bunn/Cole silliness? Neither of the has a remote chance of winning against Gravel or Dunne and when they lose we’ll never hear from either of them again.