State Rep candidate Bunn on ‘You Make The Call’ tonight

20 Feb

By Eye on Peabody

Greg Bunn

Greg Bunn

Republican candidate Greg Bunn, who is seeking to represent Peabody asState Rep in an open seat for the 12th Essex District has accepted an invitation to appear next Wednesday, Feb. 20th, on the “You Make The Call” show, 8-9 p.m., on Peabody Access Telecommunications Channel 99.

During the hour, co-hosts Dick Jarvis and Bob Croce will interview Bunn, and take calls from viewers. Bunn’s opponent in the March 5th Republican Primary for the seat, Leah Cole, was also invited, but turned down the invitation to speak with the voters who watch the show, because of a “campaign event conflict.”

“You Make The Call” plans to hold another forum in advance of the April 2nd final election, where Democratic candidate Beverley Griffin Dunne and independent candidate David Gravel will be invited to appear along with the winner of the March 5th Republican Primary.

64 Responses to “State Rep candidate Bunn on ‘You Make The Call’ tonight”

1. Just a dude who votes February 14, 2013 at 12:26 pm #

So let me get this straight … this Cole girl, who has ZERO name recognition in Peabody. doesn’t want to go on the Make the call show to tell the voters who she is? Congrats, Mr. Bunn on your primary win! Bob, can we now please just focus on the “adult” candidates in this race?

• Evan Kenney February 17, 2013 at 2:04 pm #

I live out of district, but I’ve volunteered a lot for the Cole campaign. I know that Leah has, for weeks, had a fundraiser planned for that night. She is not dodging. I wish the author of this article included that fact, and I find it unfair that he/she omitted it. I’m sure Ms. Cole would be happy to talk to the voters via cable access.

As to why I’m supporting Leah when I live out of district, I think Leah is symbolic of what we need in the Republican Party in Massachusetts. She is a willing to do the work, and as a nurse, it sounds like she is just fed up with seeing healthcare costs rise, and the quality of care plummet. I was so excited to see somebody so young and electable running for State Rep nearby my hometown, and I think Leah needs to be the face of the new GOP in this very broken state.

Hey, “Dude who votes,” by every measure of mine, I’d say Leah is an adult, and a damn impressive one.

Best of luck to Mr. Bunn, as well. This special election is a great opportunity for R’s in MA.

• Anonymous February 17, 2013 at 6:24 pm #

Bunn is a huge longshot to win this special election, and Cole faces even longer odds. Good luck to them, but the other two candidates have far greater name recognition and name recognition is the biggest thing that gets you elected in Peabody. No one knows Leah Cole so I think that what people are saying is that she can’t afford to pass up going on local television. I noticed that she also didn’t attend a “Meet The Candidates” TV show on cable, but the other three did. Is she camera shy?

2. Anonymous February 14, 2013 at 12:36 pm #

This kid Cole is playing in the land of make believe. What a shame that we even have to pay for this primary when Bunn is going to win easily. Taxpayers of Peabody should be pissed. I got Leah’s literature at my door on Lynnfield Street a couple of weeks ago and the letter she provided looked like it was written by a card carrying member of the Hitler Youth.

• Anonymous February 16, 2013 at 9:26 am #

Shame on both of you. I am probably much closer to Cole’s age then either of you, and I have to say that this is probably one of the most challenging things a young person can do in the political arena. When young people don’t participate people like you get upset, and apparently when they do you also get upset. Darned if you do and darned if you don’t. If she were a man running neither of you would have anything to say. Lets be more supportive and encouraging of young people in politics, after all we are next in line.

• ralph smith February 16, 2013 at 10:41 am #

i agree. these guys are sissies… picking on a 24 year old chick for having the courage to run for the state house seat…

• Get it done with Bunn February 17, 2013 at 10:54 am #

Thank you for that last comment Leah. I am happy to see new candidates but you clearly are an amateur compared to Mr. Bunn. I hear you not only refused to go on the Croce and Jarvis TV show but also rudely turned down an invitation to meet the residents of Brooksby Village. I will bet everything I own that you will not even come close to winning the primary. You and your little right wing buddies have no clue what you are doing when it comes to running a campaign in Peabody. Maybe you can run for selectman in Blackstone.

• Lynnfield Street Resident February 17, 2013 at 10:42 am #

I also live on Lynnfield St. I got Leah’s literature in the mail and I have to say I don’t see anything slightly resembling Hitler. I don’t want to get nasty but you appear to me as a typical keyboard commando. Her campaign email and phone number are both on the back of the card. Call her if you have questions about her platforms. I haven’t gotten any Bunn literature so I can only speak for what I have received but how can anyone argue with wanting to lower taxes for the people of Peabody, ending benefits to criminal immigrants, and to bring aid to this city?

3. Anonymous February 14, 2013 at 12:53 pm #

I got that letter to. It was addressed “Dear Republican.” Wifey and I are unenrolled so they got that one wrong. Addressing something “Dear Republican” in Peabody? You might as well address it: “Dear Alaskan Eskimo.” There are like 3 Republicans in Peabody. Bunn will win this primary because he gets it that this is about going after the people who are registered as unenrolled and getting those people to vote in the Republican primary. I like that Miss Cole is running because it is always good to see new people. Maybe she will learn from her mistakes this time and run again someday. We all make mistakes when we are young so cut her some slack people.

4. the Outfront Guy* February 14, 2013 at 2:10 pm #

OG say…OG is looking forward to what Mr Bunn has to say so he will have a nice forum to deliver his ‘message’….yes, the odds are stacked against him but OG is looking for a breath of fresh air out there!

5. Anonymous February 14, 2013 at 2:19 pm #

I think people are fed up with the democratic leadership demonizing and penalizing the working people. We’re paying for all the lay abouts who can work but won’t. So I wouldn’t rule out a Bunn victory. We’ve have relected all the tax and spend liberals – I’m going for the guy who like me, is trying to make do with what he brings home in his paycheck! I’m sure a lot of other folks feel the same. Dunn will stay with the status quo and vote in the fog she always is in and Gravel has already said he will caucus with the democrats – that means $$$$ taken from my wallet! My mind is already made up and my vote goes for Bunn.

6. anonymous February 14, 2013 at 3:07 pm #

Greg Bunn is head and shoulders above the two democrats running. He is well spoken
    and articulate. Og, watch the show and listen to what the guy has to say. He surely isn’t going to say “I’m going to caucus with the democrats”. Greg knows the issues better than the sitting elected officials. I can’t wait for the candidate forums. As far as the young girl not showing up, it really doesn’t matter. She won’t show up because Greg would make her look foolish.

7. Anonymous February 15, 2013 at 1:53 pm #

Hey, how come not raises for the Light Commish guys?

8. anonymous February 16, 2013 at 11:55 am #

I’m assuming the last comment was from one of the electric light commissioners because who else would care. As much as I don’t think the city council should get a raise, there’s no way on earth that do nothing group should get a raise.

9. Peabody insider February 16, 2013 at 10:17 pm #

Have to chime in here… I happen to think it is a major “slap in the face” to any elected body that would be left out of a pay increase if all others are getting raises. Forgive me if I am incorrect, but aren’t the light commissioners responsible for a 65 million dollar budget? According to all previous responses on other threads here it appears to me that most are happy with PMLP! So why not reward the elected individuals responsible? This previous comment must have been from someone that obviously has his or her head up their ass.

10. pfl1982 February 17, 2013 at 9:59 am #

Just got Leah Cole’s literature… she wants to lower taxes but increase lower taxes. I’d love to know how she’s going to accomplish that

• pfl1982 February 17, 2013 at 9:59 am #

but increase state aid, I mean. (sorry–the coffee hasn’t kicked in yet)

• Anonymous February 17, 2013 at 11:19 am #

She has no clue. It just sounds good to her. Here’s the thing. I think it is great that a young person is running for office, but she should have run for library trustee to try it out. Does anyone really think that this young women with no political experience could go to Beacon Hill and survive the sharks? They would eat her alive. I like you Leah but you are just not ready or qualified for the job. Being a state rep who can bring home the bacon takes a lot of political skill.

• Anony February 18, 2013 at 7:32 am #

I think that its a very admirable goal. and it gets done by cutting waste. And there is a lot of waste.

11. Matt Smith February 17, 2013 at 1:34 pm #

While Mr. Bunn is busy talking to no one on cable access, Leah Cole will be spending her time wisely meeting voters.

It’s about time our republican party had a candidate like Leah to break down the stereotype. Middle-aged man with grey hair doesn’t stand a chance against a democrat. 24 year old female nurse is exactly what the Mass GOP needs right now to turn the tides.

I’m encouraged to see Leah not wasting her time on local access when she could be earning votes. This tells me that she understands politics better than her “experienced” opponent.

Wisdom does not always come with age. Some of you will be shocked on March 5th. Leah has earned my vote.

I have to say, though, that if Leah doesn’t win the primary, Greg Bunn will certainly have my vote, but I will not be confident in his organization.

• Reality Bites February 17, 2013 at 6:29 pm #

Leah doesn’t understand anything about Peabody politics. She should have tested it out by running for a position such as Peabody library trustee. It is too big of a leap for someone her age and experience level to run for State Rep. I am not saying she isn’t intelligent or isn’t a good candidate. What I am saying is that no one comes out of the blue and wins a state rep seat in Peabody with no experience. Maybe she is trying to build for the future. This is fine, but let’s not fool ourselves here. She cannot even come close to winning this seat. Good luck, though

• Anonymous February 20, 2013 at 10:42 pm #

Misogynist much?

• Anonymous February 21, 2013 at 12:11 am #

I don’t follow you

12. Anonymous February 17, 2013 at 1:42 pm #

I’m really disgusted by the sexism on this thread. Referring to Leah as “The young girl” or “Little Leah” is a pathetic attempt to undermine her unmistakable successes. How about “hard-working nurse” instead of “little girl” you sexist pigs?

While you guys are spending your afternoon being keyboard warriors, she’s probably out knocking on doors right now. She came to my door in the middle of a snow storm, impressed me very much, and earned my vote.

This thread really leaves a bad taste in my mouth with regards to the Bunn people. I haven’t met him (because he hasn’t come to my door), but let’s not pretend that some of these comments aren’t coming from people close to Leah or Greg. If Bunn’s people are anonymously posting obscenely sexist comments, what does that say about his credibility?

Just my two cents…

• Anonymous February 20, 2013 at 4:30 pm #

Well you do not have a very high reading comprehension level. The references you talk about seem to me to be about her young age and lack of experience and not her gender. She is young and very inexpereinced. What is not true about what people have written here?

13. Here's the truth February 17, 2013 at 4:48 pm #

Sorry, but here is why I cannot vote for you Leah. Call me whatever you want, but the facts are as follows:

1. If you are elected you are already fighting an uphill battle being a Republican on Beacon Hill. Peabody will get NOTHING, since you will be on the outside looking in.

2. You have NO experience at all as a politician, which means you will get eaten alive as a state rep. The boys and girls on Beacon HIll play rough. Again, that is bad for Peabody.

3. You say you want to cut taxes and increase local aid? How are you supposed to be able to do that? Please let us know, since that stance seems foolish and immature to me. Where is the money for the increased aid coming from, Ms. Rep?

4. Your hard stance on immigration is harsh and meam-spiritied. Hey, we all want immigraiton reform, but are you aware that Peabody is a city if immigrints? How about a little more compassion?

Also, unless you are meeting with hordes of Peabody voters the night of that cable show (my suspicion is that you are meeting with a handful of people who are already going to vote for you), then you are foolish not to go on Dick and Bob’s show. I don’t think it matters much to them, either way, but advantage Bunn on that one.

It also looks like you turned down the oppotunity to visit Brooksby Village (Huge mistake), and you were the only candidate who hasn’t visited the Senior Center yet (even bigger mistake).

By the way, why isn’t Leah on the Meet The Candidates thing that PAT did recently with the other three candidates? Look, there is no way you can go door-to-door to every house between now and the primary. How do you expect people to get to know who you are if you don’t do the things listed above? Sorry, but we’re just not willing to vote for you based on Tea Party talking points in your campaign handouts.

And by the way, you mention on your website that you want to be lthe type of Rep Joyce was. Well, Joyce was truly someone who got out and met people and never turned down the opportunity to do so. Stop using her on your website, since you are nothing like her.

• Anony February 18, 2013 at 7:34 am #

Again, by cutting waste, this frees up money that is already in the budget. There is a lot of waste on Beacon Hill. Do some research…

• Anonymous February 18, 2013 at 9:11 am #

Incredibly naive response, Leah. So just how is a 25 year old freshman REPUBLICAN rep going to get support on Beacon Hill for “cutting waste?” No one will listen to you. We’re you aware that there are mostly Democrats at the State House? What you call waste, they call much-needed programs. Sorry, but you are just not qualified to be State Rep. You should have run for library trustee or city council.

14. anony February 18, 2013 at 8:00 pm #

this is not leah. u got balls to accuse me of that. i honestly am disgusted with everyone on this blog who is knocking leah. i am a young woman who is proud to see someone my age step up to the plate. and if u ask why i dont use my real name it is bc of bullies like you. And i dont have time for the harrassment and ridicule that would result.

• Anony February 19, 2013 at 6:41 am #

Once again, I am not Leah. You guys are a bunch of sorry losers. There are constructive ways to critique one’s choices, and there are destructive bullying tactics. unfortunately, you all have chosen the latter. All this blog has turned into is a place to bash women in Peabody politics. And if you are a woman, shame on you for for engaging in such misogyny. Also, I remember the name “Mary S” from the mayors race on the Patch blogs. It’s too bad you haven’t grown up at all.

• Anonymous February 20, 2013 at 4:27 pm #

I haven’t seen anyone bashing Beverley Dunne or the late, great Joyce Spilliotis. You are way off on saying this blog bashes women politicians. Everything I have seen written here talks about Ms. Cole’s lack of experience. No one from what I can see wrote anything about how her being female makes her unqualified. Get real.

• Anonymous February 20, 2013 at 8:13 pm #

Didn’t say that they bash every woman, but only women.

15. Mary S. February 19, 2013 at 7:00 am #

Leah, how are you going to stand up to the big boys on Beacon Hill if you cannot even stand up to some anonymous comments here? Guess I am right again.

• Mary S. February 19, 2013 at 9:34 am #

I find this all very funny and ironic that a Republican woman uses the word “misogyny.” Look up misogyny in the dictionary and you will probably find a picture of a Republican next to the definition. Unless I am totally crazy I cannot be anti woman if I am one. It does not matter whether Leah has estrogen or testosterone flowing through her veins. Either way she is just not qualified to be a State Rep. Sorry.

• anony February 19, 2013 at 4:13 pm #

my point is that none of u would be this critical if she were a man. do you know leah? probably not. do u know anything about it takes to be a state rep? no. you all just like to run your mouths and put down a young woman who is trying to make a difference.
        and p.s. women can be mysoginists… ever heard of Phyllis Schlafly?

16. Anonymous February 19, 2013 at 4:32 pm #

Common sense tells me that a 24 year old woman Republican would be at a HUGE disadvantage on Beacon Hill. I do have a pretty good idea that Beacon Hill is a brutally tough place a member of the minority party. Now throw in Leah’s political inexperience and it becomes an even more brutal place. I am just telling you as a concerned taxpayer that Peabody would get screwed. It has nothing to do with Leah personally since I do not even know her. Just stating facts here. You think there are “mysoginists” here … wait until she gets to the State House!

• anony February 19, 2013 at 4:53 pm #

i think that comment is much more constructive criticism. but their are 24 yr olds who arent naive.

• Anonymous February 19, 2013 at 4:59 pm #

It’s not about naivete. It’s about a lack of experience when it comes to knowing how to deal with cut-throat political sharks. I just don’t believe — especially if you are a Republican — that you can survive and get what you need for your district. And Peabody would get screwed. Yes. I do think it’s easier for someone older to adapt. The other three candidates would struggle too, but they would be better equipped for survival because they have some business and political experience. And in the case of Beverley, she would be a member of the majority party.

17. Anonymous February 20, 2013 at 4:31 pm #

TUNING IN TONIGHT TO SEE THE NEXT STATE REPRESENTATIVE FROM PEABODY!

• Anonymous February 20, 2013 at 4:39 pm #

I didn’t think Leah Cole was going to be on the show tonight

18. vote them all out February 20, 2013 at 9:01 pm #

If you want to peal back the onion on elected officials, the whole city council is a joke. How about councilors supporting a corrupt developer who clear cuts land and destoys the neighbohood. The whole council voted for that! I don’t know why they get health insurance but why do they all get pensions! The anon in Ward 5 should ask the councilors if they are taking a pension.They all take it. Pensions are worse. We end up paying for these people forever. WE TAX PAYERS ARE PAYING FOR THEIR PENSIONS!
    Vote them ALL out of office. What a bunch of phonies.

19. the Outfront Guy* February 20, 2013 at 10:45 pm #

OG says….lots of spirited comments on here…..but let me ask you all this question…name any current candidate who can claim that they have a SPECIFIC WAY OR IDEA to cut waste in government. you all talk tough and have these great expectations of your candidates so when you all get done scratching your head and shrugging your shoulders get back to me.

20. Susan February 20, 2013 at 11:41 pm #

I am a Peabody Republican, and Greg Bunn easily won me over on the Show tonight. He is a commonsense Republican who isn’t an extremist like his opponent. Also, who are these non Peabody people who I see going door to door for this Leah character in my neighborhood?

21. the Outfront Guy* February 21, 2013 at 7:32 am #

OG says…some interesting conversation here for sure…but let me ask you all this question> which current candidate has mentioned any SPECIFIC WAYS or STEPS to reduce waste in government? go ahead…I am all ears….

22. Anonymous February 21, 2013 at 9:41 am #

Watched You make the call last night and was very impressed with Greg Bunn. He was professional, educated, energized and never dodged a question. I am an independant and will pull a republican ballot on the primary and cast my vote for him in the General election. Brad Hill and Bruce Tarr have both been very successful for their districts and they are both republicans. The beauty of being an independant is having the common sense to vote the PERSON and not the party. In this particular election, Greg Bunn blows away the other 2 candidates. I for one are FED UP with the taxes being imposed on wage earners by the democrats choice for governor. This is a time for balance on Beacon Hill, unless you enjoy being ripped off at the gas pumps, paying a higher income tax, and shouldering all the expenses for those illegals who have never contributed to anything they are receiving.

23. Anonymous February 21, 2013 at 12:11 pm #

Saw Bunn too on TV last night. He is a RINO’S RINO. There is only one true Republican in this race. Leah Cole will stand up for good conservative values, including cracking down on illegal immigrint criminals and ending all of these social giveaways. We give away too much to people who should earn it. LESS government!!!!!!!. Say no to entitlements. Put these illegal scum in jail!

• Someone who cares February 21, 2013 at 12:39 pm #

Thank you for showing us the very lovely cold-hearted side of the Cole campaign. “Ilegal scum?” Yes there are illegals here, a lot them in Peabody, but most of them are not “scum.” They are only trying to live while doing some pretty lousy jobs. Do I think they are wrong to come here illegally? YES! But they are also human beings. Please tell us, Leah, how is some poor Mexican landscaper who works 80 hours a week just to send a few bucks back home hurting you exactly?

I agree that we definitely need comprehensive immigration reform, and I believe that we should give no advantages to those who came here illegally. But how about a little compassion. These stances by these far right young Repubicans, who only care about themselves, are very frightening. Didn’t you grow up with any compassion for those less fortunate?

• Anonymous February 21, 2013 at 2:52 pm #

And your comments are EXACTLY why she doesn’t have a chance. On the other hand, I found Greg Bunn to be a lot like Joyce Spiliotis in this thinking and never dodging a question. Joyce may have been a democrat but she was fiscal conservative like Mr. Bunn, and that served us VERY well.

• Anonymous February 21, 2013 at 3:05 pm #

I agree. Bob asked the question about how Bunn would deal with it when people called him for help and he sounded just like Joyce in his response. I think Beverley would answer the same way to. I don’t get a good feeling for Gravel when it comes to dealing with people on this level and I think Cole would be clueless here.

24. Want to know February 21, 2013 at 12:20 pm #

Let me ask this question and maybe the Leah Cole people can give me an answer: Who is she and where is she? I see the flashy website. I see a plesant looking young woman in her photos. I see some of her talking points. But I don’t know ANYONE in Peabody who has actually met her.

Why are they hiding her fron the public and not letting her go on shows like “You Make The Call,” or “Meet The Candidate?” My aunt lives at Brooksby Village, and she ALWAYS votes, yet she told me that Cole is the only candidate who is declining an offer to go up there and speak with the residents. I had another friend who had a Cole supporter come and knock on his door, and his reaction was “where is the candidate?” People in Peabody won’t vote for someone they can’t meet. It’s a basic rule that has always held true. Am I being unreasonable or “insulting” by asking these questions?

• Anonymous February 21, 2013 at 12:30 pm #

Good questions “Want to Know!” I have similar ones. Person who knocked on my door for Cole was not even from Peabody. Same thing happened to my mother. Feels like there is some outside influence here from some radical right groups who see an opportunity to steal a seat on Beacon Hill. I do not blame this young woman. I think she is being used by them. I am unenrolled and will vote for Mr. Bunn. I hope others choose to do so as well. Saw Bunn last night on TV and he seems like a very middle of the road Republican, and it seems like he is truly getting his base of support from REAL Peabody people rather than radicals looking for a big right wing score.

25. MarkMezzina February 21, 2013 at 12:41 pm #

My name is Mark Mezzina, and I am a 19-year old running for School Committee in North Andover. Since I know Leah personally, I feel obligated to respond to some of the very insulting and offensive things that have been said about her.

First of all, Leah is not a little girl. She is, in fact, a registered nurse who works in an ER. That’s a tougher job than 90% of you probably have.

Second, Leah is not an extremist. If cutting the size of government is extreme, I wonder how on earth some of you can call yourself Republicans?

Third, I can attest to the fact that Leah had a fundraiser last night at Rep. Jim Lyons’ house. It was very well-attended. Leah understands how electoral politics works, and she knows that cable access shows don’t win elections. She will instead be meeting the voters directly.

Fourth, the way we can affect change in Massachusetts is not by “convincing” the Democrats on Beacon Hill to cut waste. Politicians respond to one thing and one thing only, and that is votes. So no matter how much experience Greg Bunn has, he is not likely to “convince” Beacon Hill Dems to change their ways. Leah on the other hand, by being a fresh new face for the Republican Party, can attract a whole new demographic of voters. Is that not what we want?

If you all think that the way we’ve been doing things is fine and dandy, by all means continue to rip on Leah. But if you think the party needs to change course, then maybe you should take a good hard look at her. I will absolutely support Mr. Bunn if he wins the primary, but for now I am 100% behind Leah.

• Someone who cares February 21, 2013 at 12:53 pm #

A party at Rep Jim Lyon’s house? In freaking Andover!!!! How many Peabody votes did that get her? You are making the point of several people here Mr. North Andover school committee candidate. That local cable access show you speak of has been around for like 25 years, and I can tell you as a Peabody insider that it gets a very large audience of people who actually vote in PEABODY! How many Peabody voters were in Andover last night? I’m betting Leah, her parents and no one else. I am sure she picked up a few checks, so maybe raising money is actually more important to her than meeting REAL voters.

• Anonymous February 21, 2013 at 12:54 pm #

A party in North Andover. Ha ha haaaaa. .Yeah that will get her alot of votes

• Anonymous February 21, 2013 at 1:00 pm #

Look Mark. I personally think it is admirable for young people like you and Leah put yourselves on the line and get involved in running for office. We need more of that as a society. But what I think many of the more reasonable voices are trying to say here is that Leah seems to be letting non-Peabody people, who have no clue how to run a race in our city, lead her around by the nose. Take it from me, there is nothing more true than the following statement:
      You Cannot Win a Peabody Election By Holding Fundraisers in Andover.

You poo poo the local cable access exposure. But are you aware that those shows have a huge following among seniors. who vote in huge numbers?

• Anonymous February 21, 2013 at 1:03 pm #

IS LEAH RUNNING IN PEABODY OR ANDOVER? I AM NOT CLEAR ON THIS

• Anonymous February 21, 2013 at 1:06 pm #

Hi Mark. When are you holding your next fundraiser in Peabody? I would like to attend.

• MarkMezzina February 21, 2013 at 1:26 pm #

Two things: first of all, Leah is running for State Rep, not School Committee. Decisions that she makes will affect not only people in Peabody, but also people in Andover, people in New Bedford, people in Pittsfield, etc. So it is only natural that concerned citizens statewide would take interest in the only competitive State Rep race going on right now. Second, Leah has knocked on an extremely impressive number of doors to this point (far better than I could ever do). So just because you are not seeing her face plastered all over television does not mean she is not going all-out to meet as many Peabody voters as possible.

• MarkMezzina February 21, 2013 at 1:30 pm #

And I should point out too that I have been getting bombarded with emails from Richard Tisei and Charlie Baker about Greg Bunn. So yeah, lets talk about who is getting outside help.

• Anonymous February 21, 2013 at 1:31 pm #

Wrong again, Mark! The idea is to get elected and going to a party in Andover will not get you Peabody votes. Also, this race should not be influenced by people from frigging Pittsfield. Dude. what are you talking about?

• Anonymous February 21, 2013 at 1:32 pm #

Nothing wrong with outside help, Marky Mark. But it seems like ALL of Leah’s help is coming from outside of Peabody.

• MarkMezzina February 21, 2013 at 1:51 pm #

This will be my final comment, since I do not intend to get wrapped up in a pointless keyboard battle. But I will leave you with one last thought:

Why should any young person read comments like these and ever want to have anything to do with the Republican Party? I speak not for myself, as I am a proud Republican, but for the majority of people my age. A 24-year old not only has the courage to register ‘R’ in the bluest of blue states, but to step up and run for office. And instead of encouragement, you all have shown how much disdain you have for her. Do you share the same bitterness towards all young people who choose to become active Republicans?

• Anonymous February 21, 2013 at 3:03 pm #

I would definately say then, Mark, that Charlie Baker and former senator Richard Tsie obviously see credibility in Greg Bunn. Sorry, but I received ,literature from Ms. Cole, addressed to “Dear fellow Republican”, I am not a republican but an Independant who will be voting for Mr. Greg Bunn because HE came to MY door and I was very impressed with him on the Cable TV show last night.

26. the Outfront Guy* February 27, 2013 at 7:36 pm #

OG says…OG does not get into the habit of ‘endorsing’ candidates but based on my personal conversation with Greg Bunn I happen to think that he is a breath of fresh air….and I hope that our Bright City voters take note of this fact….he will need some new support and he has an outside chance if he can get the vote out and if Gravel/Dunne split the typical vote for the name recognition candidates that Bright City is famous for…..we shall see…